This Dresden Vase may have been produced by Helena Wolfson
Her work was typically decorated with pastoral scenes, inspired by the French artist Antoine Watteau and interspersed with panels of flowers.
Wolfsohn originally used the Meissen Royal factory mark on her products, in particular a variation of the Meissen AR (Augustus Rex) mark.
Following a lawsuit brought by the Meissen company, she was forced to drop the AR mark and adopted a crown with ‘D’ scripted beneath.
Crown Dresden is porcelain produced by Helena Wolfsohn, in Dresden in the 1870s.
– Excellent condition.
– No chips, cracks, hairlines or crazing.
– Gilding in very good condition with only very minimal age related wear.
– Condition is illustrated accurately in the detailed photos of the actual item.
Makers Marks :
– Bearing Dresden blue Crown and Town mark.
– Dating c1890.
Size & Weight :
– Stands: 31cm tall on a 7cm sqr foot rim
– With 4cm sqr rim & 28cm 12cm wide body.
– Unpacked Weight: 760 gms
Dresden ceramics were produced in the Dresden area of Germany throughout the 19th Century. Mainly in the Meissen style.
Dresden was a centre for the artistic, cultural and intellectual movement, and attracted painters, sculptors, poets, philosophers and porcelain decorators.
It was the painting studios rather than the factories that made Dresden Porcelain so well known around the world.
Between 1855 and 1944, Dresden housed over 200 painting shops; but the dresden style is always associated with wares bearing the blue crown mark first registered by Richard Klemm, Donath & Co., Oswald Lorenz, and Adolph Hamann in 1883 and the type of wares they produced.
The style they employed used a mixture of Meissen and Vienna flower and figure painting