Highly Collectible Sterling Silver
Solid sterling silver is the top end of the collectible silver market.
It is sought after for both its beauty and for the intrinsic value of the precious metal.
Many good quality antique silver pieces have been scrapped over the past few years. This quality item is one of those rare pieces still available to the discerning collector.
A silver salver was used for the formal offering of food, drinks, letters and business cards. Large heavy salvers became known as trays in the 18thC. Small flat salvers are known as waiters.
There is a W Lister & Sons table clock with a gilded and feathery foliate chased face in the Royal Collection Trust.
– Excellent condition. No dings or dents.
– Light surface wear commensurate with age & use.
Makers Marks :
– Full hallmarks to the reverse
– WL & SNS for W Lister & Sons
– Lion Passant, Leopards Head and
– Date letter ‘e’ for 1920
Size & Weight :
– Measures: 40cm in diameter & 5cm tall
– Unpacked Weight: 1590 gms (56 ozs – 51.12 troy ozs)
William Lister & Sons, Goldsmiths, Jewellers, Watch and Clock Makers.
Dealers in Antique Silver.
9 Grey Street, Newcastle-on-Tyne.
William Lister first registered his business in 1821.
He entered partnership with his sons Clement and William Jr. in 1840