– Excellent condition.
– No chips, cracks or crazing.
Makers Marks :
– P Herold 1918 to top of base
– Bearing Royal Copenhagen Crown mark
– Bar above N in Denmark – c1937
– Together with traditional three wavy lines
– With ‘hf’ in lowercase script – ‘herold fecit’
– and impressed and printed numbers ‘2068’
Size & Weight :
– Stands: 21cm tall
– On a 13.75cm diameter base.
– Unpacked Weight: 820 gms
The Royal Copenhagen Porcelain Manufactory was founded in 1775.
Production of underglaze porcelain figurines began in 1885 and from then until today these figurines have always been an attractive addition to figurine collections.
The three wavy lines included in the makers mark symbolise the three rivers that divide the country:
- the Sound
- The Great Belt
- the Cattegat
Royal Copenhagen is known globally for top quality decorative porcelain figurines, plates & decorative collectibles